3-hour Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT)
- Who will be a candidate for this test: Any patient who receives a positive result on her one-hour GTT.
- Timing: Completed after receiving results of an elevated 1 hour GTT
- Testing method: Blood
- Testing location: External laboratory
- Reason for test: to test for gestational diabetes
- Who is a candidate: Pregnant patients in whom the baby is oriented in a position not favorable for a vaginal delivery (for example, breech).
- Timing: Typically between 36-37 weeks gestation
- Where will procedure be performed: At Baystate Medical Center
- Reason for procedure: To manually rotate the baby to a head first (down) position.